You’ve gotten to know my work- but now, you want to know about me? Well, gee, thanks!
Throughout my life, the range of emotions that a single photograph can create has always fascinated me. It has the ability to make us smile…make us laugh…and sometimes, even make us cry. A single photograph can fill our hearts and our minds, and allow us to hold onto yesterday- forever.
Growing up, I was always that child who had to be in the spot light. “All eyes on me!” I spent my entire adolescence studying music and theatre, with dreams of one day being on that big screen. As I grew up and went off to college, my dreams began to transform and I found myself wanting to be behind the camera more often than in front of it. After graduating Columbia College Chicago with my degree in photography, I assisted nationally recognized children’s photographer Nicole Thomas, as well as acclaimed commercial photographer Susan Kinast. While working with these two amazingly talented women, I realized that my passion for photography and adoration of children could be combined to create a meaningful and fulfilling career.
When I am not photographing children and families, I am most likely either on the tennis court or hiking throughout the Los Angeles area…where, yes, you’ll still find me with camera in hand!
And now, just because, here’s some fun facts to give you a glimpse into who I am and what makes me, well…. me:
- I recently married the love of my life. And, yes, marriage truly is amazing!
- We have two little “kiddos”: a kitty named Roxie and a leopard gecko named Puppy. I love our little family and can’t wait to see it grow.
- I love to laugh.
- I am completely inspired by nature and children.
- I often crave sushi and ice cream and would be perfectly happy having both at every meal.
- I once ran a marathon.
- I haven’t run since.
- My husband is an awesome tennis player. I like to pretend I am too.
- I love to cook, but don’t do it often enough.
- If you ask me to bake you homemade cookies… I will.
Thank you for taking the time to visit my world and read a little bit about quirky me! If you are interested in booking a session or have any questions at all please don’t hesitate to leave a comment or send me an email! I would be honored to photograph you and your family!